Mass Effect - Savage Worlds
Asari begin play with the following characteristics:
- Willful – Asari begin play with a 1d6 spirit intead of a 1d4.
- Attractive – Asari are beautiful and alluring to all people of the galaxy. They begin with the charismatic edge.
- Naturally biotic. Asari are all naturally biotic and may use biotics without a bioamp. They may still use a bioamp if they so choose.
- Slow – Asari are slightly slower than other races, and start with a pace of 5.
Drell begin play with the following characteristics:
- Strong – Drell are incredibly strong and wiry. They begin with a 1d6 strength instead of a 1d4.
- Lightning Speed – Drell are extremely quick and have a base pace of 10.
- Adept – Drell start with 1d6 to any skill of their choice.
- Eidetic Memory – Drell recall all life events, in vivid sensory detail. A Drell can recall anything, though when he does so he actually goes there, so may be out of combat for a round or two, not be aware of his sleep current surroundings, etc. Sometimes events can trigger these memories when the Drell doesn’t want them too!
- Lack Durability – Drell are less rugged than most races. They suffer a -1 to toughness.
- Vastly superior strength – Begin with a d8 in strength and may raise it to a d12+2 via normal advancement; the Expert and Master Edges may raise it to a d12+4
- Brawny – Krogan are tough and strong. They gain the brawny edge free.
- Heightened Senses- Krogan have wide vision and a superior sense of smell, gaining a +1 to notice.
- Environmental Resistance – Krogan gain a +3
vs all environmental effects.
- It costs Krogan two points to raise smarts during character creation.
- Distrusted – Know one trusts a Krogan, not even krogan. Because of this they suffer a -2(start at -40) to Paragon.
- Large – Krogan are quite big and have an awkward shape. All armor costs them 50% more than the listed price and weighs 50% more. Additionally, light armor is difficult for them to find. There is only a 10% chance that a vendor carries a particular light armor for krogan.
- Outsider – Human’s are new to the galactic theatre and begin with the outsider hindrance.
- Well Rounded – Human’s start with a 1d6 in an attribute of their choice.
- Edge – Humans gain one free edge.
- Adept – Human’s start with 1d6 to any skill of their choice.
- Intelligent – Quarians begin with a 1d6 smarts instead of 1d4.
- Technician – Quarians begin with a 1d6 in repair.
- Hacking – Quarians begin with a 1d6 in hacking.
- Pilgrimage – All quarians go on pilgrimages in their life time. They are given several parting gifts. Quarians begin with an additional 350 credits.
- Well Equipped for tech – Quarians are generally well equipped to handle technical details. They can purchase omni tools and omni tool programs for half cost at character creation(quarter if their class allows half-cost purchases)
- Enviro-suit – Quarians get an enviro suit at coming of age, and often have light armor enviro suit inlays. All quarians begin with an enviro-suit. Alternatively, at character creation they may buy a suit of light armor that is already upgraded with an enviro suit for no additional charge. Quarian must be in an envirosuit at all times(unless in a completely sterilized area), otherwise they must make a save vs disease once per minute.
- Weakened Immune System – Quarians have a weak immune system. They suffer from a -4 to saves vs disease. Luckily, envirosuits protect from all but the worst accidents. Whenever a Quarian suffers an injury (not a wound) she must make a save vs disease. If she fails she contracts a disease. Luckily proper medical equipment will cure all but the most deadly of disease, but it takes a Quarian 2d12+4-vigor days (minimum 3) rather than 2d6 as for most species.
- Quirk (restrictive diet) – Quarian’s suffer from needing a dextro-acid based diet. Most races have an amino acid based diet. They must eat special food or risk sickness, an allergic reaction, or even death
- Agile/Smart – Salarian start with a 1d6 in either agility or smarts, players choice.
- Photographic Memory – Salarian have a photographic memory and rarely forget a fact. When making a common knowledge check or a knowledge check they are trained in, Salarians gain a +2 if it’s to recall a fact they may have had a chance to know at some point.
- Hyperactive – Salarian only need a single hour of sleep a night to function.
- Quirk (High Metabolism) – Salarians tend to be hyperactive, restless and talkative.
- Willful/Strong – Turrians start with a 1d6 in either spirit or strength, players choice.
- Tough – Turrians are extremely tough and resilient and have a +1 to toughness.
- Combat Trained – All Turrians have some combat training and begin with a 1d6 in either fighting or shooting.
- Talons – Turrians have sharp talons for hands. They deal strength+1d6 damage.
- Slow – Turrians are slightly slower than other races, and have a base pace of 5.
- Quirk (Restrictive Diet) – Turian’s suffer from needing a dextro-acid based diet. Most races have an amino acid based diet. They must eat special food or risk sickness, an allergic reaction, or even death.